Saturday, August 30, 2008

Monkey Business!



I bought the new SU Sock Monkey set as soon as we could. I have to admit I am not much of a "monkey lover", but I always did like the sock monkey's! I made a girlie monky and one for a boy. Both were paper peiced, the boy monkey I used some of the brown textured "core" paper and sanded it, giving it the look of a "real" sock monkey.

The sentiment "You're so sweet" on the girlie monkey card is from my new set I purchased from Gina K Designs , it was in the diabetes set.

6 comments:

*Linda said...

I am in awe of your talent! Very cute cards! I love the sanded look to the sock monkey, very real looking!

Lynn Put said...

Both cards are adorable! I haven't seen a girlie monkey made with this set yet and this one is just too cute!

xoxoxo ~Lori said...

Love the sock monkey cards! You can give me the girlie one for my b-day....*wink*

Curt in Indy said...

I love how you created a patterned sock monkey! These are fabulous! Best, Curt

Primitive Seasons said...

Just love the paper piecing on the monkey suit.

Mary
www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.com

Debbie Olson said...

These are very cool monkey cards! I remember that SU set that you used in your next card too--one of my first ones!