Sunday, November 16, 2008

Saturday Workshop Cards to Share







These are the 2 cards we made at yesterday's Stampin'Up! workshop, and they were a hit!

The first card I saw on another blog and just loved it, so this is not my own idea, I cased it, but I did change the Top Note Die to a DS paper. I came across another blog and found the original designer and she made 145 of these beautiful cards, wow, I am very impressed with that.

Anyhow, it is very elegant, but simple! The cardstocks are the ever favorite Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red and of course Whipser White. DS paper is Bella Rose. The ink is Basic Black and Riding Hood Red, SU exclusive Top Note Die, 5 Petal Flower Punch, Stamp sets were Spotlight On Christmas and the sentiment from A Cardinal Christmas...extra's were Xmas Red Stickles and ribbon.

The second card, I used the Cris-Cross design. I had just received new DS paper from the mini called Ski Slope, I love that paper, its mostly all browns, reds, greens and the blues...pretty! Cardstock used is Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, inks are Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red and Baja Breeze, Designer Paper is Ski Slope as mentioned above, Punches are Round 1 3/8", Round 1 1/4", Scallop Square and the Tag corner....good use of punches!

Stamp sets used were Snow Swirled, and the level one Hostess set Punches 3. I also used the crimper for the belly band, extra's non SU were Crystals found in Walmart Craft dept in the MS bridal section...you get 60 for $2.99! Now this card looks like it must take alot of time, but it's pretty quick to make, they were amazed!



2 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

ohhh... Diane gorgeous!! I love both of them! You'll have to tell me how to do the fold part on the second, please!! TFS!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful cards! I hope your class went well!! ;)