Friday, August 14, 2009

Flourishes Fit Royalty Challenge


Flourishes had a "fit for royalty challenge", to make a card fit for a king or queen! Now, I have to say I need photo taking 101, as I just can't seem to get great photo's, but I live in a log house, and its the worse place for picture taking inside!

For my card I choose a Cuttlebug Crown die I had, it cuts and embosses...I have lots and lots of crown stamps, and die cuts, but this one is a favorite of mine, I think it is from their Disney line!

I cut a circle with my round Spellbinders die, embossed it with a CB EB folder, added some little vintage ruffled eyelet trim around it. The sentiment used is from Unity, it says "You Simply Sparkle".....love it...wouldn't this card be perfect for a young girls birthday??

I struggled with this card all week, not only because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with my "crown", but in trying to help a sick animal, I got bit on both hands and arms, bad! It was a stupid thing on my part, and as old as I am I should of known better, hope I learned this time! My right thumb got it the worse, as it almost got bit thru from one side to the other...kind of hard to hold the scissors and tie a bow....I won't elaborate, except to say, it was so stupid, and hurts like you know what! Heck, I even had a hard time using my mouse on my computer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! How very gorgeous this is!!! Amazing die, details and colors!! I love it!! :)

I also wanted to tell you that I appreciate your kind words...they mean very much to me!! HUGS

Julie Koerber said...

Isn't this just the perfect die cut for this challenge! I love it and the bling is just the icing on the cake! Fabulous card!

Curt in Indy said...

The card is WONDERFUL! Love that crown, I've never seen it before! I'm sorry you got bit! What kind of animal? Did I miss that? Hope you are feeling better!