Sunday, October 18, 2009

Happy Sunday!!!


I must be in the Christmas mood...yesterday we went to a small town in Indiana for a Christmas open house...yes really...its the neatest place and its loaded with "stuff".....I must be doing the "bird" theme this year, as I bought 4 birds...one is a gift...3 are mine....I will have to post pictures of those birdies at a later date!
I was so inspired I decided to make a few holiday cards.....the first one I actually based everything on from the background paper...love the colors...love the design...and love that "yummy" ribbon!  I am really getting into finishing the insides of my cards as well......the inks I used are SU Old Olive and Chocolate Chip, I paper pieced some of the house and added gold glitter to the door frame, hinges and the bell in the steeple...you can always click on the pic for a better view.....

The second card is all Stampin'Up" with the exception of the "epoxy sticker"...I couldn't help myself I just love those epoxy stickers and had to get it on this card somewhere...oh I did use some "stickles" too for a little "bling"!  I got the jumping off point  for this card  from the new Papercrafts Holiday Cards magazine.
Speaking of the "bling"...I stacked one card on the other...and you guessed it...my white card now has red stickles on the back...so am adding a nice piece of pink cardstock to "fix" it up...geez, when will I learn!!

Recipe for the "circles" card:
Stampin'Up!  Cardstock:  Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla; Designer Paper:  Christmas Cocoa Specialty;   Stamp Sets:  Circle Circus, Four The Holidays;  Accessories:  Sleigh Bells Ribbon, Button Playground Old Olive, Silver Elastic Cord.......other:  Stickles, epoxy sticker

1 comment:

bumblebee creations said...

these are gorgeous! I love them both Diane!