Monday, July 19, 2010

One & Two of "Scrap" Cards

I made 7 cards last night...oh yes, you heard me right...SEVEN...I have a drawer right under my table, its rather deep, and its full to the top of bits and pieces of paper that I set aside for the "perfect" card later.....the drawer also has stamped images, die cuts, just about anything I did and never finished or just wasn't "happy" with at the time!
I pulled out enough"pieces" to make at least a dozen cards.....so for the next few days, that will pretty much be what I will be showing.
First card is using SU's big Medllion stamp, it was already stamped in Baja Breeze and cut out, the butterfly is cut using the SU Sizzix Beautiful Butterfly Bigz die...it was just laying in that drawer ready to "take flight"!! The background of the card is simply embossed with one of my new SU favorites "vintage wallpaper" embossing folder.....I love how you can quickly "pump" a card up a notch with an embossing folder.

The second card is using bits and pieces of Designer Paper scraps...I just cut them into various rectangles and triangles, notice the stitching??.....compliments of my sewing machine.
Quick and easy cards, but yet so beau-ti-ful!!!!  I will be back tomorrow with two more of my "scrap cards"...see you then!!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Both of these cards are great Diane. Yeah, I've got a drawers too but it's not from pieces that I've set aside for the "perfect card" it's from projects that I've started then said "what were you thinking"...lol! The butterfly on the 1st card is awesome, love that paper! The first thing I noticed on the 2nd card was the stitching...fabulous! What a great mix of patterned paper!

stampinfrog said...

Two gorgeous cards Diane! 7 cards in one night....WOW!
Hugs,Connie

Cindy Lee said...

Wow! Thanks for the inspiration! I'm sure I have loads of scrap to whip out a card or two :)

bumblebee creations said...

O wow! Love these ones too! GORGEOUS!!!!!! Love the stitching!!

Primitive Seasons said...

Love this one Diane. Just love the colors.

Mary
www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.com