Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Banners~Buntings~ are in the Mail...Yippee!!!

I thought I would show you a "sneak peek" of my buntings (or banners) as they might be called.........I was in a swap that you made 5...all the same or all different...they could be paper.....sewn...knit...just about anything...I choose to sew mine...as I mentioned several posts back, I bought these American Living large dinner napkins from JC Penny's...I was able to get 6 out of 1 napkin...the sixth one is for "me".......I added a backing of a matching green check from my stash...and lucky me...the fabric was exactly the same as the napkins!

I found some very vintage crochet edging, and all but one has that on one side.....I hand gathered some double sided ruffled gingham ribbon (wow..say that real fast)  into rosettes.....added a vintage small crochet doily underneath and an old button on top...added some ribbon bows and cut butterflies from felt with my Big Shot...a white glittered jingle bell is sewn to the tip.....I just love them...I hope whomever gets them will as well...I think I might make a few to put on my Etsy site if interested.......my link on the right will take you to the swap info and more pictures........

2 comments:

Primitive Seasons said...

Lovely colors Diane. So springy!

Mary

Amy A said...

Totally gorgeous! Can't wait to assemble them all :D