Friday, February 3, 2012

More "Love Is In The Air" & Valentine Card Challenges


I made a second card for the challenge "Love Is In The Air" at "The Shabby Tea Room".....
and also
for the "Create Blog" at Northridge Publishing
We were to add a mail or postage element for The Shabby Tea Room Challenge
...mine is the envelope itself.....
We were to make a Valentine Card for The Create blog.....
I have had these large square doilies "forever" and made an envelope pocket.....
the "Be Mine" at the top pulls out and is decorated inside to write your own "love words"......
The doves were cut using a free Sizzix die that came with some embossing folders and cut on shimmering white cardstock.....
they really "do" shimmer IRL.....
I made a little "cone" from half of a round doily and filled it with some tinsel .....
then  loaded it up with hearts...
though hard to tell, the bow is a pretty white semi sheer ribbon.....
I had a tiny cupid I had planned to add, but the punch seems to have "disappeared"!!
It might not look like it, but this took me forever to make...
those little hearts in the cone were quite "picky"...
and I still have very little use of my left hand after the surgery......

3 comments:

Anne said...

This is just gorgeous! So elegant and feminine! I turned my house upside down looking for my cupid die last week too! tsh!! :o) x

Ivanka said...

This is so, so beautiful! Love how you turned your doilie into an envelope packet.

Anonymous said...

WOW WOW WOW wee!!!!!! This envelope is just stunning!!!!Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us this week at the Shabby Tea Room :-)