Friday, August 10, 2012

Tweet Tweet

What a gloomy and rainy day it is...I love it...lol...
but we have needed rain so bad, like most of the midwest
so am NOT complaining...just loving the cool down from the 90's to 100's...

Because it is so gloomy, I had to take about 20 pics of this poor birdie...
and even after all that, not even one turned out too good...
so lets just say, it looks much better "in real life" lol

I made this card for the challenge over at Joan's Gardens..
(which, by the way I get to go to one of her workshops this month..,woowho)!!
the challenge is
to use the colors purple and green
use a bird of some type
use music
make a thank you card

I stamped my music with a VERY old VersaMark sage green ink
using a LaBlanche stamp....
my birdie is a SU Sizzix die
the branch is a Sizzlets
the thank you is a metal ring...kind of like a bottle cap
my bird was made from some SU scrap paper that I love....

see ya later, I am off to Mike's and Hobbylobby to try and find a few things
to "spruce up" my home!!

5 comments:

Darlene said...

OH WOW Diane ... this is AMAZING!! Such wonderful dimension! And that bird ... just beautiful! Great job my friend ... have a fabulous day!

Darlene
DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS
P.S. I have Blogaversary Candy offered through Sept. 4th if you're interested.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Wow, Diane! That bird is gorgeous! :)

Joan Fricker said...

Diane, adorable card! I love how you used the pattern paper for the bird. Great job.
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our Weekly Challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous bird!! I love the pretty papers you used!! Her little neck bow is fabulous!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Ros Crawford said...

Now see that's the problem I have all the time living in the UK ... photographs ... It's so difficult when we have so many rainy days ... however, your card is a pure delight ... Love that birdie! Have a happy Sunday!