Saturday, March 2, 2013

Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers Challenge




I have a flower to show you I made for the challenge at the Tim Holtz blog
to make a flower using his Tattered Flowers die
I wish my pictures showed all the pretty colors better...
but if you click on the photo, youcan see more of the details.....
 
I used Wendy Vecchi art parts Modeling Film to cut my flowers
 
 
if you are not familar with this, its a heavy plastic that you can ink~stamp on,
cut, and then use your heat gun to bend it.....
you have to work real fast, as it hardens quickly, but you can reheat it
as much as you want to reshape it to how you want it to look.....
 
 
you need to use the TH Adirondack inks that come in the little bottles
and the inkssentials felt dabber to apply, drying each before stamping...
I stamped with Range Archival black ink with a background stamp.....
there is a great 4 part video of the process on YouTube under Wendy Vecchi
 
the paper comes in clear, which is what I used, 3 sheets for about $3.99
and blackout and whiteout....
 
here is picture of how they look before I finished heating them up
 

 
and here is a picture of the Modeling Film
 

4 comments:

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Diane!! The colors are so beautiful!! I'm going to watch Wendy's tutorial...I'd love to try this!! It looks amazing!! Happy Saturday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

kathyinozarks said...

Diane these are just so lovely!

Ros Crawford said...

I've never heard of this but the effect you created with the film is quite stunning! Don't have me buy anything else!!

eri*doodle said...

I need to try some Wendy Vecchi art parts Modeling Film. Your flower is beautiful.
Take a peek at my Tattered Floral entries:
Rose Box - http://eridoodle.blogspot.com/2013/03/tattered-florals-vintage-rose-box.html
and
Lunch Bag rose - http://eridoodle.blogspot.com/2013/02/tim-holtz-tattered-florals-die-challenge.html

Best of luck in the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals challenge.
-Pam