Sunday, September 15, 2013

Fall Blessings

It's finally raining here today....
the leaves are dropping and not from fall weather but from the drought.....
I am loving listening to the gently falling rain today....
 
 
I have a pretty fall card to share with you....
On one of my last trips to Joan's Gardens I picked up a gorgeous Cheery Lynn Designs die
called "Fall Leaf Doily"....
it is such a beautiful die when cut....
I painted it with my Twinkling H2O's, giving it a shimmery look
The card is 4 1/2 x 4 1/2" square...I added a little hummingbird to it
which is also a Cheery Lynn die
I mounted it on a gorgeous foil, flower print paper....
 
The challenge this week at Joan's Gardens is

  • Include Leaves on your card
  • Fall colors
  • Tree and/or bird
  • You must use a product sold at Joan's Gardens. Also, mention that you are doing the card/project for Joan's Gardens Challenge.
  • and

14 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Another beautiful card Diane! I love the foil back ground. That CL die is stunning too. Great job.
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge again.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Lisa said...

Wow, what a gorgeous die!! It's absolutely stunning!! I love the shimmer of the Twinkling H2O's!! And the sweet hummingbird!! I still have quite a few buzzing around my feeders...I hate when they leave :( Stunning card my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

jimlynn said...

Diane, this is so beautiful! Love those fall colors and that wonderful die. The addition of the tiny hummingbird is perfect! So lovely

Thank you so much for leaving such a nice comment over that Paperie Designs Studio where I was featured! It was so nice and after reading about you and seeing your blog, I think that yes, we'd become fast friends! I just became a follower so won't be a stranger over here at all!

Hugs, Lynn

Kristi said...

Gorgeous Diane! Love the fall theme, it's my favorite season. I like to craft when it's raining,something soothing about the rain falling that puts me in the creative mood!♥

Createology said...

Lovely card. I am not Falling into Autumn creative card making...yet. Blissful dear...

Mrs. Swandog said...

Your card is amazing! I love the die...I love how you colored you leaves...well I just love everything about this card.

Darlene said...

AWESOME Autumn creation Diane! I guess I must have bought the 'matching' die to this one ... I don't recall seeing the 'doily' die ... hmmm! Either way ... this is just beautiful and I love how you colored the leaves ... BEAUTIFUL creation!

Rachel B. said...

Great card Diane!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful Fall wreath, Diane! I have so enjoyed discovering your blog!

Nancy Hill said...

Love what you did with the Cherry Lynn die and how you brought out the beautiful leaves. Lovely card.

Ros Crawford said...

This is so lovely ... what a beautiful die Diane ... and the twinkling is so pretty!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Beautiful doily, love the colors and the fabulous design. Glad you are getting rain now.

Karon said...

This is so pretty - love the colours and the wonderful wreath! TFS

Stampendous said...

Terrific card!! Love all the layers and textures! Feeling like Fall out there. Thanks for playing with our Fall Fun challenge!