Wednesday, October 23, 2013

~~~***~~~***~~~Trick or Treaters~~~***~~~***~~~

I have a second post today to share.....
 
 
I "whipped" these little spool "Trick or Treaters" up this morning ....
at Papercrafters Corner.....
I went with the Halloween theme for my entry...
and also wanted to link it to the
challenge at Color-Q
who could resist this sweet inspiration piece??
 
 
and also to the challenge at The Ribbon Carousel  #86 Fall or Halloween
 

They were made on some old wooden spools I had.....
 
 
I wrapped paper around each and punched circles for the top and bottom....
I colored the edges with SU markers (somewhat faster then painting them).....
I used Halloween chenille stems and glued the Brenda Walton chipboard images
to them with my glue gun...added some ruffled tissue paper trim
I purchased from Ebay a long while back
and love how glittery and sparkley they are!!
 
 
and I had 3 little spoolie trick or treaters in no time....
 
 
 

9 comments:

Darlene said...

OH MY STARS!! These are SO ADORABLE and really clever! Aren't you the creative one today! And so early too! WOW! I am totally impressed on all counts! FANTASTIC take on the inspiration piece ... now to get my brain working..hhmmm???**@@*#(*@
I'm getting nothing! LOL

Ros Crawford said...

Love them!! These really make me smile!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, they are so fun!! I love the adorable images!! The sparkle is fabulous!! You are so creative my friend - love these!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sylvia said...

So cute, Diane, these are wonderful spool ghouls! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ this week.

Lisa Elton said...

Eeeek how CUTE!! Love the BW images. Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

LeAnne said...

Love these little creatures! So cute & sparkly! Thanks for sharing this with us at the ColourQ!

Claire said...

These are amazing - I love the way you said you've 'whipped them up' ...bet they took you ages! Such sweet decorations for Halloween - thanks for joining us at Colour Q!

Dianne said...

I agree, whipped them out, you mojo is soaring, these are BRILLIANT.. That funny, when I saw the inspiration, I saw it and my mind went blank, isn't it lovely you could instantly come up with these 3 fabulous ghoulish spools,I love them and I'm not into Halloween, thanks for sharing..

Anita Scroggins said...

These are super cute!! Thanks so much for playing along with ColourQ last week! Sorry it took me so long to hop around to your blog :)