Sunday, January 12, 2014

Merry Monday Challenge ~ Ribbon or Twine

I thought I would try something different this year for me
Since I am a "by the seat of your pants" type of girl...
I am challenging myself to join the weekly "Merry Monday" challenge
to make a Christmas card, once per week.
Just think, if I keep at it, I will have a slew of cards finished when I need them!!


The other challenge to myself, is I have a HUGE Ziploc bag of already
die cuts, stamped images, and pieces of this and that to use up....
SO, I am going to try my best to just work out of that bag...
should be fun to see that bag "dwindle" !!!!

My card today is a LONG time ago "cased" layout from a, I presume SU demo.
I tweaked it a bit by adding a bit of Stickles to the snowflakes.
....all I had to do was add the already stamped panel to the card stock
and "viola" I was done...cool hmmm!!

Entering this the challenge at "Merry Monday" which is "ribbon or twine".

6 comments:

Ruth S, justsomestuffimade.com said...

Lovely card Diane - it will be handy to have all those festive makes at your fingertips come December! This card is beautifully simple and the Stickles surely give it some real wow-factor ;)
Rx

Susan Joyce said...

Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday with your pretty Holiday card.

Darlene said...

This is fabulous Diane and what a great idea ... maybe I should join you at Merry Monday and I too can be 'ahead of the game' this year!
Great job once again!
Hugs from Ohio!

Ros Crawford said...

Love this CAS card ... really chic!

Lisa said...

So pretty!! The snowflakes look so beautiful!! What an awesome card!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Leslie Miller said...

One a week is quite a challenge, but you'll be so glad you did it, even if you miss a week once in a while. To use up the parts is a great goal, too. This turned out wonderful with those pretty snowflakes. I think I have this set. Not sure if it's the same, but I have an SU! snowflake set I've never used. It is definitely on "the list".