Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Flowers In A Basket

Morning Friends!!
It's hard to believe that as I write this, March is half
over and Spring is 2 days away...
and the forecast later this week...cool and SNOW!!
So, after knowing what is coming up later in the week,
it gives me great pleasure to share with you my post
which is rather "spring-like" over on the
Classy Cards 'n Such blog.
I hope you will join in our challenge with us this week!!
You might want to check out the "store" there too,
as it is full of all kinds of new stamps and dies...
I have a big fat order coming and can hardly wait until it gets here...
don't forget all Cheery Lynn Dies are 32% off there until gone
and you can always use my code of DIANE-10 for 10% off your order!!

Hi Classy Friends,
Diane here with you today wondering if you are as tired of the cold, dreary days as I am?
I find myself using lots of Spring images and soft pretty colors.....
in the hope that someday we will see warmer and Spring weather soon!!


This week the Classy Cards'n Such Challenge is somewhat Spring related....

 the challenge is "Flutterbys"....use a bird and/or butterfly on your project!!  

I chose a bird for mine...I love birds and I love how he is perched on the basket!!
I think the image I have used on my card today fits right in with the Springtime we are all
looking for!!


The image is  a gorgeous B-line Stamp "Flowers In A Basket
colored with my small collection of Copics.
Beverly has just stocked her shop with some wonderful new B-line stamps.  
You will see me using these in coming weeks!! 
Head on over and take a "peek" to see what's new!!

After coloring my image, I added a bit of "Pink Taffeta Stickles" to my flowers...
I like the look of a bit of bling now and then!



Once my card was mounted on my Graphic 45 Botonical Tea papers with
Scor-tape 1/2", I felt it still needed a bit more.  
I then remembered I had purchased a beautiful Poppystamps die "Crochet Corner" which I cut 2 of , then added to the bottom corners
and finished off my card with "Christmas Green Pearls".

I hope you will join us in our challenge this week, we would love to see "your" projects!!

8 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

I'm sorry you still have snow ... we didn't get any this year so you must have ours ... Not that I want it ... Your card is beautiful and very springlike ... that basket of flowers and berries is so realistic and beautifully coloured ...
Sending warm sunny thoughts your way ...

Sherrie K. said...

So gorgeous! I love the basket and the flowers are just beautiful!
We are getting pounded with 8-10 of snow today...I feel your pain, lol! I am so over winter and want warm weather! Can't wait for spring, all thought I am wondering if we will skip spring and go right to summer at this rate!
Have a great day!
Sherrie K

Darlene said...

ADORABLE! Great coloring and LOVE those corner treatments! AWESOME! OH! and before I forget to mention ... you are rockin' those bows! BEAUTIFUL!
Hang in there girlfriend ... Spring is ON THE WAY and then you'll be complaining about all the weeding you have to get done! LOL

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Diane!! The basket of flowers is so beautiful!! The sparkle looks fabulous!! I love the corner designs!! Simply awesome my friend!! Ugh...I hate that you are getting more snow :( It's freezing here, but thankfully no white stuff. Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anonymous said...

I sorry you have snow too :-( . It's been a wopping 80 degrees here and we need more rain! But your card is the prettiet spring card!!!

Darnell said...

Your spring basket with the sweet bird is so pretty, Diane! I love the border, too, and that bow is sensational!! Hugs, Darnell

Primitive Seasons said...

Ooohh I like those corners. Pretty card Diane!

Mary

Leslie Miller said...

Ooooh, ahhhh, this is so pretty! Oh, my gosh, I love that stamp and you've colored it beautifully, small collection of Copics or no! And then you made the perfect setting for your basket with the pretty dies and fluffy bow -- gorgeous!