Thursday, January 22, 2015

Birthday Wishes

Well, the "hubs" and I are back from our weekend getaway to the 
"Outhouse Races"!
Yep, you heard me right...
only in Michigan would they think of having 
"Outhouse" races..lol
We have been trying to go to them since 
we bought our vacation home 10 years ago,
but the weather has always been too nasty to drive the 5 1/2 hours to get there.
This year we finally lucked out or so we thought as they were not what we expected or had heard about...
I guess everything has it's day!!

Why am I telling you this...well because if I haven't been around to visit "YOU"
lately, that is why....
and I came home to  a lot of DT work, too..
not complaining, just "sayin"..LOL!!



So that brings  me to this mornings card....
I had a bit of time yesterday afternoon waiting for the hubs to pick me up,
so I saw this super cute "sketch" at 
and really liked it, so wanted to join in.


I used background paper from Lily Bee Designs.....
I love this paper pad and have had for quite some time...
I bought it because it was full of six colors of gingham papers..love!!

Using the sketch, I used a very neglected and never used 
MS Doily Garden Trim punch.
My little "tag" is also a MS that I have had in my stash forever it seems.


I used a Hero Arts stamp on a Cheery Lynn Designs Sentiment Frames # 1 die.
Also I think the first time it has been used...
hey I am on a roll of using neglected things it seems!
The "shaggy" little flower was made with a Spellbinders Blooms Two die.


Speaking of flower dies, I just recently "re" organized all my dies and have
ALL my flower dies in one place now, and I was amazed at how many I have.
One of my next weeks projects is to hopefully sit down and spend a day
creating flowers!!

Okay, that's it for this am....make sure to come back around "noonish"
and see my "Classy Cards 'n Such" post....it is such an adorable card...see ya!!!


5 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

What the heck is an outhouse race??? The thoughts going round in my head you don;t want to know!!
Fabulous card Diane ... You make so many what do you do with them all? Then again you have a big family huh

Debbie said...

I've heard of outhouse races, but never been. I'll take you word for it that I'm not missing much. :)
Beautiful card! I love the color combo and your pretty flower and butterfly!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Leslie Miller said...

Bet it feels good to be back home and stamping again, doesn't it? It's nice to get away, but also nice to get back home. I haven't heard of this sketch challenge, but I love sketches so I'll have to go peek. Love the looks of it. Your card is darling with those sweet papers, punches, and die cuts! I need to organize my dies, too. Many of them are in a magnetic binder, but the overflow requires flipping through a basket to find what I'm looking for. Have I mentioned I can't wait till retirement?

Darlene said...

oh WOW nearly missed this one! Fantastic! Love the tag idea on the front ... just beautiful! Great job!

Notes by Nina said...

Your card is so beautiful, I love the tag you created and your DP is so pretty. Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches.