Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Spring Daffodil

This is my post for our current challenge at 
Classy Cards 'n Such using the inspiration photo below.
Don't forget, you can use my code
DIANE-10 anytime to save 10% on your order



Hello Classy Friends, Diane here today
with my card for this weeks challenge "Simply Yellow"!

I don't know what your favorite color is,
but it so happens, right now, at this moment, mine is yellow!!
It is such a happy color, don't you think?

Not only is yellow a favorite, but so are Daffodils.
I think they are one of the most gorgeous Spring flowers!


 I started by embossing a piece of yellow vellum
and topping it with a beautiful die cut from 
Spellbinders Fleur de Elegance.

I stamped a beautiful, what I call "center stage" Daffodil
from the JustRite Thank You Daffodil set.
After coloring with my Copics, I fussy cut it out
mounted it on my Fleur de Elegance die cut.


From the same set, I stamped, colored and fussy cut
a butterfly twice, mounted one on the other for a 3D effect
and added a bit of Stickles for some bling.

A bow was added, topped with a embellishment using

A sentiment was added, from the set  
which was embossed with 
Sparkle 'N Sprinkle Silver Fine Detail embossing powder.
From the same JustRite set, I used the butterfly and gave it
the same treatment as the other one,


Thank you for stopping by today!  Won't you join in our challenge with us?

Entering the following challenges:
Graph It Coloring Craft Challenge .... Springtime
Eureka Stamps .... Spring Flowers
House of Cards .... Colors and/or Butterflies
Word Art Wednesday #177 .... ATG

The rules for the challenge can be found on the
Classy Cards 'n Such blog HERE.





12 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

I too adore daffodils ... they are such happy flowers! Love your card Diane ... hope you enjoyed Easter ... we finally have Spring weather!!

Darlene said...

I have always loved daffodils and your card is just beautiful! Love the texture, fussy cutting and dimension ... awesome & happy creation! Too bad it's raining or I'd go cut the couple daffodils blooming outside my front door and bring them in to enjoy. Thanks for the springtime fresh air feeling!

MRS DUCK said...

Hi there
Super Spring card. Very bright and cheery. Thank you for joining in at House of Cards.
Best wishes.
Ang.

Leslie Miller said...

Of course, I have a thing for yellow, too -- especially yellow and white! And die cuts. And embossing. And flowers. Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

this is so bright and cheery! i love the texture and the butterflies. thank you so much for playing along with us at house of cards.
linda

Mynn xx said...

I just adore this card! So fun and springtime fresh! Hooray for yellow! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Lisa said...

Gorgeous card!! I love the pretty yellow and the butterflies!! Fabulous design!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Scrappy Scatty said...

lovely card
Thank you for joining us at the colouring challenge *springtime* over at Graph'It Markers xx

karalschuknecht said...

This is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps for our Spring Flowers Challenge. Karal DT

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card, I love the bright colors and the touch of sparkle! Thanks so much for joining us at HOC this month!
Tammy x

Lisa Mensing said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Eureka! Stamps this week. Lisa DT

cohenna said...

Beautiful, thanks so much for joining us at HOC