Sunday, May 29, 2016

Going Fishin'

Today I have a super cute card to share with you I did for 
using one of the newly released May sets 'Gone Fishin'!


I loved the sentiment so thought it would be fun to put
my fisherman in a fishbowl ..LOL!

I cut 2 fish bowls from my Cricut Explore
one from white card stock and one from a lightweight vellum.
(You could also use Memory Box Fishbowl HERE ).

I stamped the fisherman with Versmark on the white card stock 
using Black Detail embossing powder, then heat set.
The vellum bowl was placed over the top using small pieces
on the outer edge of Tear-ific Tape to adhere it.

I cut a square of white card stock, added  Super Adhesive Sheets,
cut with a 'wave' effect to the bottom.
Enlightened glitter was adhered to that for the water.

I sponged a bit of Distress Mermaid Lagoon ink on for the sky.
I cut clouds with a Memory Box Cloud die,
added Brushable glue to both, 
then Sparkle N Soft Twinkling Clouds flocking.


I die cut a Spellbinders cattail, then added my sentiment on top of those,
The sentiment was stamped with Versamark,
then sprinkled with Cerulean embossing powder.

I love how this card turned out and think it would give a fisherman
a big smile to receive it!! 

5 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

What a great card! I love the fisherman in the bowl and that is one lovely sentiment too!

Darlene said...

WOW! This turned out awesome Diane! I don't think I've ever seen a fisherman in a fish bowl before ... but perfect with the sentiment! AWESOME job!!

Lisa said...

Heehee, this is so awesome!! How creative to put him in a fishbowl!! I love the puffy clouds!! What a fun card this is!! This will bring a huge smile to the recipient!! Have a great weekend my friend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Leslie Miller said...

Hahahahahaha! This is truly perfect! And I think any fisherman would "get" it. I can't believe you put him in a fish bowl. That just grabbed me right off the bat. I love it!

Shona Erlenborn said...

It did turn out great! Love the fishbowl idea! Brilliant! Sure to bring a smile to a "Fisherman Friend"! LOL