Sunday, July 31, 2016

Deer Duo

Happy Sunday all!
It's the last day in July can you believe it?
Just where does the time go?

I have my last 'July' Sparkle N Sprinkle project to share
with you .


I started out using a Memory Box Frosted Christmas Tree die.
Once die cut, leave the tree in the die as shown.


spread Dreamweaver  white embossing paste all over the back of the die.
You can leave it a bit thick as it will look more like snow on the branches.


Carefully remove the die cut from the die
being careful not to touch the paste.


Completely cover the tree with  Twinkling Clouds Sparkle N Soft.


Now let your trees (I did two) dry completely.
Also quickly clean up your die and pallete knife.


Once the trees are dry, gather your supplies together
to complete your card.
I cut two 'snow banks' using Lawn Fawn dies
and adding Brushable Glue along the edges then Sparkling Snow glitter.


I printed the digital image of Deer Duo stamp set
and colored them in with Copics, then fussy cut them out.
However, did you know that Sparkle N Sprinkle now offers
'cut files' for some of their stamps?
You can get a cut file for the deer stamps HERE.

Gypsy Red glitter was added to the deer and the presents.


Now my card is complete and all sparkle-y and pretty and ready for Christmas!


Make sure and stop back by here at 9pm tonight as it is 
'Reveal Time'
at Sparkle N Sprinkle where you can see the entire August release.
Just by visiting and commenting on each of the designers blog posts
you could be the lucky winner of the entire release!

Make sure and pop over to the Sparkle N Sprinkle blog next Sunday as well,
as I have a post there using one of the new August stamp sets!

See ya here tonight at 9pm!!!

5 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW This is awesome! I love that technique (but NEVER think to use it) ... looks so cool and realistic! OMG love these guys ... what an awesome creation ... great coloring and design! Makes me want to break out in a chorus of 'Oh Christmas Tree' ... lol ... ok maybe I should hold off on that! LOL

Kathy Krug said...

Adorable card. the trees look wonderful with all that glitter and the reindeer are too cute.

Leslie Miller said...

Ack! This is way TOO CUTE! I love your way of adding snow to the tree. Now I wonder if I need embossing paste. Sheesh! Love those reindeer and the embossed falling snow. This is just about the perfect Christmas card, Diane!

Joan Fricker said...

Diane, this is so cute. Great idea on using the paste while still in the die. Great job!
Joan
www.joanstouch.com

Lisa said...

Oh, this is so absolutely a-deer-able!! Sorry, I couldn't resist ;) I love the cute couple and the amazing trees!! The sparkle is fabulous!! Love this my friend!! You're making me nervous with Christmas cards since I haven't started mine at all!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts