Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Picture Perfect

Today a new challenge is up at
and is being hosted by our 'sistah' Agata.
She has chosen the theme
'Close To Nature'.

Here is a simple definition of nature below.

Simple Definition of nature. : the physical world and everything in it (such as plants, animals, mountains, oceans, stars, etc.) that is not made by people. : the natural forces that control what happens in the world. : the way that a person or animal behaves : the character or personality of a person or animal.

I originally had planned on using a deer stamp I had
but I also have been trying to use up some of the things
I have previously stamped, created, cut etc.



So, while I was digging around in my bags of goodies
I came across this leaf I had made as a 'trial'
a few years ago when I purchased some
gilding flakes.
A leaf stamp was used, stamped in glue first.
There is a fabulous tutorial on youtube  of how to do it.
If you have never tried this technique, do so,
as it is fun (messy) and makes a beautiful image when done



I think nothing says nature like a leaf....
especially in the fall when they are all over the place...lol!
I cut a gold metallic frame die to frame it in.

The little flower is a leftover die cut  from a previous project
and it feels so good to use it up!

and see what my 'sistahs' have created
to inspire you to make your own nature project!

Entering the following challenges:
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper (x)
Happy Little Stampers .... Dies (9/10)
One Crazy Stamper .... Fall/Halloween(x)
Penny Black and More .... ATG With A Stamp (x)

Products used:
Creative Expressions Gilding Flakes Gemstones & Glue
Paper:  Fancy Pants Park Bench 
Impression Obsession 6 in 1 Frame, Heartfelt Flower die & Stamp
Stamp:  Maple Leaf






13 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

My that leaf looks so pretty and realistic! Love your card Diane!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Beautiful card Diane! Gorgeous leaf.

Darlene said...

Just beautiful Diane! I was so hoping we'd get around to doing this technique while I was out there (I've kind of forgotten the steps taken lol ... I'll check YouTube). Such a beautiful nature creation! Great job and awesome inspiration!

Lisa said...

The most gorgeous leaf I've ever seen!! Wow!! It's stunning my friend!! I love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful leaf and frames perfectly.

Donna Rudy said...

A beautiful fall leaf! and the flower embellishment is perfect! Thank you for joining our Fall/Halloween challenge at One Crazy Stamper.

Leslie Miller said...

Amazing again! I would have thought the leaf was a die cut, but a stamp? WOW! So beautiful! Not sure how much stamping I'm going to do while watching Wally so closely. Will do an update later...

Crazystamper said...

Thanks for joining the Challenge at One Crazy Stamper! Cheers, Lora

Donna Ellis said...

Beautifully gilded leaf, Diane! Such drama with the black mat. I especially like the natural flakes with the challenge theme! Lovely card. Hugs, de

brenda said...

A really striking creation Diane, thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

The Sparkly Fairy said...

A perfect card for Fall. I love the gilding technique. Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With a Die. Good Luck!

Emma - DT Member

Shirley said...

Gorgeous gilding flake autumnal colours. The leaf image stands out beautifully on the black background.
Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Penny Black and more this month.

Shirley

Helen Gullett said...

What a beautiful Fall theme project! I love the maple leaf.
Thank You for playing along with Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes With Dies August Challenge.

- Helen Gullett -
DT Member