Sunday, November 20, 2016

Winter Birdhouse

This is my post today on the

I have a 'sparkle-y' card to share with you today,
using the new stamp set Winter Birdhouse.

Winter Bird House
I started by laying my 8 1/2" x 11" card stock
across my scor-board with the 11" across the top.
Scor at 3 1/8" and again at 8 5/8".
Trim card length to be 5 3/8" long.

Winter Bird House

It should look something like this.

Winter Bird House C

I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink,
then colored with Copics.
The panel was then adhered to the left side of the card
sprinkled with Fire Engine Red glitter
and then using my 'finger' tool,
burnished in.

Winter Birdhouse

For the left side of the card,
I cut a panel to fit,
then embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing snowflake folder.

Winter Bird House

Fire Engine Red glitter was added to the bird's scarf and Santa hat.
Sparkle N Soft Sapphire Silk was added to the bird tail and wings.
The glitters were applied with Nuvo SM Glue Pen.

Winter Bird House F

All the 'snow fluff' you see was created using
Nuvo Glimmer Paste Moonstone.
I applied it quite thick to resemble snow.
I also added it to a few of the snowflakes.
You can just see a hint of the inside sentiment which is from
the set Eskimo Kisses.

Winter Bird House E

I hope you enjoyed my card today and
thank you for visiting with me!

Entering the following challenges:
Crimbo Crackers .... ATG

7 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous work, love this.xx {aNNie}

Ros Crawford said...

What a fabulous card ... Just looking at those birds makes me smile... Stay worm my friend!

Darlene said...

What a clever fold and adorable image! Your coloring is perfect and love all the festive sparkle!! Well done!!

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the frosty scene you've created!! The fold and the sparkle are amazing!! What a beautiful card my friend!! I love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

Diane - This is wonderful! I love the way the card opens, I love the colors, I love the glimmer paste snow ... everything is perfect!! So fun :)

Shona Erlenborn said...

Super fun little card! Thanks for sharing the fold too. Isn't the Moonstone just so much fun - piled on as snow!

Leslie Miller said...

Cute fold, Diane, and an easy one! Oh, my word, I LOVE this birdhouse scene! All that snow piled up and, brrrr, look at the icicles. Good thing they've got their scarves on! Sooooo fun!