Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Double D Challenges Blue and White

It's the first Wednesday of the month and that means it is also
the beginning of a new challenge at Double D Challenges.
This challenge is hosted by Team Diane and the theme is
Blue and White
and the inspiring mood board below.



I just love this board as it is so soft and pretty!

I saw a pretty card layout on Pinterest and it really caught my eye,
so I went in that general direction, but yet changing it enough
to make it my own!



Though I have 'cooled my jets' so to speak on buying things (I'm trying at least)
I couldn't resist this beautiful stamp from WOW 'Make A Wish'
as it was half off from Paper Wishes.

I embossed both the image and the sentiment with
Sparkle N Sprinkle Cerulean embossing powder...
so very deep and so very pretty!
I love how the EP gives all the detail.
I layered rectangle stitched dies from Tutti Designs
Nesting Stitched Rectangles.



I also used a very neglected  crafting tool, my crimper.
I placed a panel of that underneath,
you can just barely see the crimps in the photo, but they are there.
I love how this card turned out and I am sure
you will see more of this stamp set used in the future!


Make sure and head on over to the Double D Challenges and see
all the gorgeous and inspiring creations from the team,
those girls are so beautifully creative!!

Entering the following FABULOUS challenges:
Creative Moments .... ATG Optional Birthday
The Crafty Addicts ....ATG (m)
Scrapyland .... ATG

15 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Just beautiful, yes the colours in the mood board are so soft and peaceful.xx [aNNie]

Donna Phelan said...

Love that dandelion fluff! Your background paper is really pretty too! Such a pretty design!

Ros Crawford said...

This is wonderful Dane... I love the shades of blue and that pretty flowered background.

Darlene said...

WOW this is just fabulous Diane! LOVE your overall design ... wouldn't have thought to use an image like that but it looks amazing! FANTASTIC creation and awesome inspiration ... thanks!

Vicki said...

Stunning card, Diane! Love the simple design with that fabulous stamps as the focus. I am trying to "hold back" also, but the stamp may just find itself in my stash!!

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh Diane! I adore this porcelain palette and that fabulous image! Hugs, Autumn

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the beautiful image!! the colors are fabulous!! The bow is a perfect touch!! Love it, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Natalie said...

Beautiful card! Blue is my favorite color so I can't help that I love this! Thanks for sharing at Word Art Wednesday.

Kathy Krug said...

Pretty background paper that is perfect for the focal image and the cute sentiment. Nice teture and dimennsion.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, that dandelion is so pretty in blue with the sparkle! Some things are just too hard to resist. I know whereof I speak, believe me. Gee, I haven't used my crimper in forever, either, but now it's on my stamping to-do list along with a bazillion other things. I adore your card, Diane!

Greta said...

Worth breaking your no spending rule, Diane--so gorgeous!

Carol L said...

I'm a sucker for a good bargain too, but this image really is pretty and made for a great birthday card here! I love those stitched panels and that fun sentiment. Great take on the challenge with all this pretty blue and white!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Lovely design Diane, such a pretty image and background paper too.

Lori Kobular said...

Another beautiful blue and white card! I have to make something with this color combo now! I love the dandelion and that background paper is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

SewPaperPaint said...

I just love the flower and sentiment and beautiful layered design. The crimped paper tool is super cool and your element looks great here. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapy Land. Big hugs, Autumn