Saturday, July 15, 2017

Hugs

Time for a new challenge at Dies R Us.
The theme is Die Cut Sentiment.

Sometimes you just need a little hug.
That is what my card is all about today.


It is bright and cheerful and I kept it rather simple
and flat to mail so I can easily pop it in the mail when needed!

I used a very bright yellow for the card base,
different from my usual white!

I die cut a rectangle from Tutti Designs Nesting Stitched Rectangle,
which I embossed butterflies on.

The HUGS is a Tutti Designs Swirly Hugs die.
I added a few gray gems here and there.

Make sure an visit the Dies R Us challenge blog to see
even more creative ideas using a sentiment as a focal point!
Join in with as you could be the lucky winner of a gift certificate to the online store!

Entering the following challenges:
Alphabet Challenge .... "I" for Insects
As You Like It .... Prefer Pearls or Gems? (Gems for me today as I love the added bling...but love those pearls, too)

13 comments:

Darlene said...

This is fabulous Diane! LOVE the yellow and your entire design is perfect! And, how cute is that butterfly! Well done ... awesome inspiration (which I can use right about now! lol)

Maria said...

Wonderful sentiment die cut and lovely butterfly! And, such a pretty floral background for your awesome card, Diane!!

Lisa said...

So gorgeous!! I love the texture and the colors!! The butterfly is a beautiful touch!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kathy Krug said...

gorgeous background paper. The bright yellow frame and sentiment really pop and the butterfly is the finishing touch.

laurie said...

How true..sometimes you do just need a hug! Love your bright and cheery card!

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE this!!!! Why don't I use grey and yellow more, they are so striking together. Your design is amazing and your choice of patterned paper is perfect with this. And then the black butterfly really makes the whole card pop. Great use of the dies, just gorgeous!

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely Diane! I love grey and yellow together!

Leslie Miller said...

Because of your super cute card I just put that butterfly set on my wish list. Getting ready for shopping again one of these days. Of course you know I absolutely LOVE the yellow. The paper is adorable, too. The small print is perfect for cards. All your colors and the design are wonderfully balanced and coordinated.

Sherrie K. said...

Gorgeous card! Fabulous colors and fun design!
Sherrie K

Sherri said...

LOVE that bright yellow! It really pops against that white and I love the paper you chose too! If this beautiful card doesn't cheer someone up, then nothing will!

Basslady said...

love the dimensional sentiment!

thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Helen said...

Great card - love the colours you've used.

Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Helen x

Squirrel x said...

Absolutely gorgeous, and what a fabulous use of the gems! Thanks for sharing with us at AYLI for this challenge. Hugs xx